Sunday, March 25, 2007

Aitor Hernández and Koldo comment on Sanremo


After yesterday`s Milano-Sanremo, Koldo Fernández and Aitor Hernández spoke to www.fundacioneuskadi.com. Here`s what Aitor had to say: "I`m satisfied with my ride today. We had to try to join the breaks, as in such long classics there`s always one break that stays in the front for many, many km. Last year Unai Etxebarria broke away, and this year it was me. I think that for the team, in such important and prestigious races, that it`s important to be seen. I`ve had good sensations. Me and five others escaped after 90 km, and we lost riders until there were only three of us left; me, Brutt and Kunitsky. We gave it our all, but we had a difficult task ahead of us. This classic has enormous prestige, and the victory is therefore very difficult to obtain. We knew they were going to catch us, but I tried to stay away for as long as possible and attacked." Koldo had this to say:" This was my first Milano-Sanremo, and it was an intense one. The team did phenomenal work for me, and I arrived with the first group, though I didn`t have enough strenght left to be able to fight for the win. The number of km, the speed, the tension...it`s one of the biggest classics, and I didn`t finish badly on my debut. I got a lot of experience, something that`s really important for the next Milan-Sanremo`s. I watched from behind Freire`s win. When he feels good, he`s almost unbeatable in these kind of races. He won it easily. He is a super-class rider, and he showed it. Jon Odriozola told me to follow his wheel, but it`s not an easy task to hold the wheel of a three-time world champion. I leave Sanremo pleased with my experience. The only thing I know is that I must continue working hard to improve."

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers