Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Koldo speaks of THAT win


After today`s win in the Tirreno-Adriatico, Koldo spoke to http://www.fundacioneuskadi.com/. Here`s what he had to say about his first ever win: "The first thing I want to do is to dedicate this triumph to my mother. She`s been suffering from a very serious illness, but now she`s past it and doing fine. It was an impressive win, a win I`m very content with. It`s my first win as a pro, and I`ve taken it in such a prestigious race as Tirreno-Adriatico with so many strong rivals. The arrival was very nervous, and the last part was at a very high speed. The team showed it`s trust in me, something I`m very grateful for, because without the team this wouldn`t have been possible. The team supported me all day. At the end, it was Beñat Albizuri who guided me to the front. He did a phenomenal job, and I want to emphasize that. When I got to the front I followed Hushovd`s wheel. When he started, I started, and I said to myself: It`s now or never. I overtook O`Grady and Hushovd, but I didn`t dare to reach my arms in the air until I crossed the line". Further, he spoke of the expectations that was on his shoulders until today: "The truth is that this win removes some of the pressure I`ve felt. I wanted to win, in a small stage-race, a one-day race, or a Pro Tour race, it didn`t matter, I just wanted to win so that some of the expectations laid on my shoulders would ease a little. It`s awesome to win in a race such as the Tirreno-Adriatico, but any win would be good, as I started to get a little obsessed with my empty palmarès. This win has given tranquility to me. Until now I`ve had many good placings, but I always committed some errors, and that really annoyed me. I will be satisfied with second places if I gave it my all, but when you commit errors that prevents you from it, it annoys you. I was convinced that when the day come when I didn`t commit any errors, the win would arrive. And so it proved.. Since I became a pro, I`ve always had problems with injuries. Though, at the end of last season I came through them, and this season I`ve really enjoyed riding my bike. From now on I want more wins. I know I just won, but I also know that I have a lot more to do if I want to be successful. I`ll continue to work as I have to continue my progression. That`s my goal; to continue improving."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.


Visit my site; cash advance nyc

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga
golden gooses
air max 270
lebron shoes
nike lebron 16
christian louboutin shoes
golden goose
curry 4
hermes belt
hermes birkin

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers