Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hernández closing in on mountains jersey



Aitor Hernández is quickly closing in on winning the mountains jersey in this edition of the Vuelta al País Vasco. Aitor currently leads number two "Triki" Beltrán by 5 points, and with one regular stage left to go, it`s no doubt looking promising for Aitor. "I`ve secured the jersey for another day", he said to www.fundacioneuskadi.com after the stage. "It`s important for the team to have a rider on the podium in it`s home race. I`ll try to keep it until the end, although the team comes first. If I must sacrifice myself for the team, I`ll do it, no problem. It`s true that it would mean a lot for me to win the mountains jersey in a race of such quality, but the important thing is to do what the directors ask me to". Well, if Aitor could win the jersey it would be an amazing thing for him and the team. After all, winning the prize as the best climber in a race that`s tailor made for climbers isn`t a small feat by any means. Aupa Aitor!

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers