Sunday, May 27, 2007

Samu pleased


After conquering today`s last stage of the Volta a Catalunya, Samu spoke to www.fundacioneuskadi.com. Here`s what he had to say: "This win leaves a good flavour in my mouth. I`ve tried several days to win a stage in this race, either by attacking from way out, or to surprise the sprinters inside the last kilometres, but for one reason or another, I haven`t been able to do it. I knew that I would have a chance today, as the profile suited my capabilities. But to win is really difficult, and there are a lot of strong rivals here. The Volta is a Pro Tour race, so wins don`t come along every day. I waited till the ascent of the Tibidabo, and I was able to overcome Vino in the last metres". Speaking of his season so far, he said: "I think I`ve done a good and very consistent season thus far. A stage and a podium place in the Vuelta al País Vasco, and now a victory in another Pro Tour race, makes for a positive balance of the first half of the season. Now I will try to keep my form for the Euskal Bizikleta, a race which to us is really important, as it`s in our backyards. I would love to do a good Euskal, before resting a little and preparing for the latter half of the campaign. Though, I`m still a little annoyed about my performances in the Ardennes Classics. I did not go as well as I had hoped. I finished País Basque quite fresh, but then I felt bad for a week, and I couldn`t be at my top in Fleche or Liège. It was a real pain, but I`m a guy who always look to the future. I`m a fighter, and now I`ve won another race. It is this fighter-attitude that the team must keep".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers