Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Herrero: "I may return"

Ex-Euskaltel rider David Herrero Llorente has stated that he might return to the team in the future. David, who's now riding with Pro Conti team Karpin-Galicia, talked fondly about his former team with Basque daily DEIA yesterday. Here's what he had to say: "I've often thought about returning, but it doesn't depend solely on me. It's a possibility, but I would have to win races and make them interested for that to happen. I would gladly go back, but I know it's complicated." David left his home-team in the summer of 2006, at the tender age of 25 and with an impressive nine wins to his name. It came as a bit of a shock to most Euskaltel fans, me included, as he was one of the team's better riders. David has won races in sprints, in TTs, in breaks and on mountain-top finishes, so it was a huge loss for the team. Allegedly David and Euskaltel couldn't come to an agreement over financial issues. Anyway I'd love to see him back at Euskaltel. I always liked him, and he's such a quality rider.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers