Monday, October 20, 2008

Antton thankful

Antton Luengo, the promising climber who put an end to his career at the tender age of 27 this summer, spoke to GARA yesterday about his Euskaltel experience. In the short interview he cuts a likeable figure and speaks of his gratefulness towards the team. "I'm very thankful. I've been with the team all my life and I've got no complaints. They were very understanding and helpful when it comes to my father's desease last winter. He had only five months left and I wanted to be alongside him. The team gave me the possibility to do that, and that's something I'm very grateful for. If you're a month off the bike it's hard to come back. I was off it for five months, without racing or training, so it was no point in continuing. I asked the team to terminate the contract because it was no use, I didn't reach the form I desired. There were moments when I thought I could come back, but I didn't make it. To be an Euskaltel rider was my lifelong dream. I've been with Euskaltel since I was a little boy, back in 1991. It seemed hard to me at the time to become a professional with the team, so the good aspects of cycling, not the bad, will stay with me". He didn't say what he's up to now, but no matter what it is I wish him the very best. He never got to fulfil his potential in cycling, so hopefully he can manage to do that in his new profession.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers