Thursday, November 05, 2009

Where do we go from here?


I need your help readers. Well, "readers" might not be the best word. I guess you-guys-that-used-to-read-my-blog-before-a-way-too-long-hiatus would be a better word. Or description at least. Or not, whatever. Anyway, I need your help in deciding how I'm going to do this blog. I promised you, and I'm true to my word, that I'll start posting regularly again in the not too distant future. The only thing that keeps me from getting started again is that I don't know what to write about. This blog was supposed to be about Ibán, but what is there to write about a former disgraced cyclist? Obviously he's still my biggest hero, but writing about my admiration for Ibán, which is kind of boring and might seem a little weird to most people, is going to be hard given that he's not riding any more. I guess most of you'll think: "Get over it, he doped, concentrate on Euskaltel in stead". Well, that's not going to happen. My idea was always to go back to writing solely about Ibán again, but I can't do that either, can I? And if I was to just write about Euskaltel, then I'd have to rename the blog, something which is not going to happen. So that leaves me with no idea on how to do this. I'm open to all suggestions, please just let me know what you think by either leaving a comment in the "comments" section below, or send me an e-mail. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

15 comments:

azanca02 said...

Magnus, I am not totally clear on what Iban is doing right now. I know he is not riding but is he just writing in a news paper? If that is so could you write up his columns on top of updating us on what Euskaltel is up to? Just a suggestion. Thanks!

Magnus said...

Not a bad suggestion, but the thing is that Ibán isn't writing regularly for DEIA, I only saw him do it when the Vuelta was on...

tidal said...

What acout widening your scope as a sort of Basque cycling page? That way you can continue with Iban news as-and-when, Euskaltel progress through the season and other Basque riders on other teams?

Magnus said...

That's not a bad suggestion, that would actually be kinda fun! Hm...

racejunkie said...

Delighted to see you're back Magnus. I would second tidal's suggestion that if you're not going to focus on Euskaltel--a worthy endeavor on its own--that you broaden it out to Basque cycling, especially as more Basque riders defect to other teams like Armstrong's. Particularly in the English-speaking press coverage is just so limited on these great cyclists. Either way welcome back, you've been most missed!

azanca02 said...

I agree with racejunkie!

Mikel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikel said...

Greetings from Leioa (Bizkaia, Euskadi).
As they say, you can write about basque cycling, and to continue focusing on Iban, you can, by the way, try to find Iban's successor, speaking about different riders who remind you of Iban.

Magnus said...

Thanks racejunkie, and everyone else of course. And thanks Mikel, that's a good idea. I could run a "Are you the next Ibán" feature!

Lizzard4567 said...

It would indeed be cool if you covered the Basque riders in other teams or something like that! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести кино
для сайта ibanmayoblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd
post to let you know. The design look great though!
Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Thanks

Feel free to surf to my blog payday advances online

yanmaneee said...

cheap nba jerseys
golden gooses sneakers
air max 270
air jordans
hermes
hermes belt
michael kors outlet
kyrie 5 shoes
nike air max 2019
air jordan

cashith said...

voici les résultats sacs de répliques AAA mor e réplique louis vuitton il a dit Valentino Dolabuy

detoseaus said...

w6d88n3l06 j5v44k0x58 r6a17s8f86 r4c07p5s92 h5r86i5i47 m8v29s6w76

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers