Thursday, September 30, 2010

Landa ready for Worlds


Future Euskaltel rider Mikel Landa is enjoying his time Down Under, and told DEIA about his expectations for Saturday's race. "Taylor Phinney is the main favourite", he said, echoing most experts' sentiments. "There are two hard climbs on the route, but also sufficient time to recuperate in between them. We will do several loops on the circuit, so the accumulated fatigue and the natural selection will eliminate the ones not at the front on the climbs. I'd like to go top 10, but it's not an objective for me. We have Juan José Lobato on the team; he's a fast rider and will try to be there at the end. But if I end up among the front-runners, I'll give it a go." I reckon the route is a tad too flat to suit Landa's capabilities, but then again he's on great form, so I'll keep an eye on him for sure.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers