Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Samu more motivated than ever


He'll soon turn 33, and by his own account he's more motivated for racing than ever before. Samuel Sánchez just loves riding his bike. Speaking to El Correo yesterday, the Olympic champ outlined why. "Cycling has given me everything in this life", he said matter-of-factly. "They said that from thirty and on I'd enjoy cycling more (and they were right). I get more motivated by every season that goes by. It's my passion." Speaking of the 2011 season, the captain intends to reach top form for that big race in July. "I know that I must be at a 100% in July." He didn't discard doing the Vuelta afterwards, saying: "It's my race. It's given me so much. The only thing left to do is to win it outright." Samu, Igor Antón and Mikel Nieve in the Vuelta? That's some trio. Romain Sicard might get his Grand Tour bow as well, so the 2011 edition looks to be quite a race.

1 comment:

arnout said...

That's the nice thing about doing three GTs, some other guys get to do a GT as well (which is good also in the longer run) and doing two GTs for Sanchez is easier.

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers