Saturday, September 24, 2011

Aberasturi 13th in Worlds

Orbea rider Jon Aberasturi sprinted to a creditable 13th in the Sub-23 Worlds road race in Copenhagen earlier today. The 22-year-old, the lone Spaniard towards the sharp end of the field, didn't really get his sprint going and had to settle for a place outside the top 10. Post-race, Aberasturi wasn't pleased. "It's a shame. I'd saved my forces all day long to arrive at the sprint in the best possible shape. But once there I was all by myself, in stark contrast to several other teams", he told RFEC's homepage. "I'm not satisfied as I could have finished higher up. The course is not hard - even though it does take its toll - so I think it'll come down to a bunch sprint on Sunday. Freire can do very well".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers