Friday, September 02, 2011

Cabedo on song for l'Avenir

















Víctor Cabedo, who earlier this week put pen to paper on a contract tying him to Euskaltel for the next two seasons, is looking forward to his debut appearance in the Tour de l'Avenir. The race commences this coming Sunday and the Orbea rider is eager to put on a show despite having already secured a pro-contract for next year. "Now, with my future secured, my career is not at risk if I crash out or have a mechanical. But that doesn't mean I'll take it easy", the youngster told BiciCiclismo. "If I wasn't motivated I would have stayed at home. I'm very motivated actually. I have the possibility to show the world what I'm capable of."

Despite being forced to abandon his tune-up race (the Giro della Valle d'Aosta) due to a crash on day one, Cabedo is confident he can come up with the goods. "I will try to aim for the GC as well as going for stages. If that doesn't work out I'll just have to alter my objectives and help my team-mates. You can never be sure how that crash is going to affect my form, but I'm eager to get to it and it gives me added motivation. In Italy my form was actually really good."

As mentioned, Cabedo will swap the blue of Orbea for the iconic orange of Euskaltel in 2012 and 2013. Speaking of his move, the rider was naturally more than pleased. "I'm delighted to join a team as big and important as Euskaltel", he enthused. "After doing so much racing in Euskadi these last few years it's a dream come true to actually sign for them. They've shown they believe in me, and I'll do my utmost to pay them back."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers