Thursday, April 19, 2012

Euskaltel call on Samu for Liège
















After Igor Antón failed to animate la Fleche Wallonne yesterday, Euskaltel will be forced to call on Samuel Sánchez services in Sunday's Liège-Bastogne-Liège. DS Gorka Gerrikagoitia admitted as much when talking to el Diario Vasco today.

"Samuel was good in Amstel, and Antón was disappointing in Fleche. Antón didn't perform well in the Vuelta al País Vasco and is not at his game. We have a sure bet for the Classics in Samu, and in these conditions we have to put our trust in him.

"It's not set in stone that he'll line up, but that's the plan - unless he isn't feeling good. I was hoping for more from Antón in Fleche, so we have to give Samu a ring. I think he's still got the kind of form we saw of him in País Vasco", he explained.

Samu himself seemed to be at peace with the idea - even if he's feeling a bit under the weather.

"I'm only at about 50 percent, but it's most likely that I'll be in Liège on Sunday. I'm still recovering from Amstel as I arrived at that race with a cold I contracted in País Vasco because of the chilly temperatures. My form is good though, and I'm pleased with how Amstel turned out. If my legs didn't feel right I wouldn't do Liège, but they're working just fine. Let's hope I recover quickly", Samu said.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers